Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chapter 1 page 4

“Pardon?”
“You said Jack, my name is Jonathan. If we knew each other better maybe Jon.  And under no circumstances Jonno.”
“Sorry if you head Jack, but I said your name.  I said Jonathan.  Are you alright?”
“I’m fine!” I don’t think I am fine at all but I am not about to let this hack know that.  “I must have just forgotten that it was you. You remember something for one way for so long it shakes you up a little bit when you actually remember what happened.  So we were talking about professionalism?”
“You were awhile ago, yes.”
“Right I’m a professional.  I do my job and I do it well.  In fact well is defined by my actions.   I never do anything wrong.  I am a perfectionist in my cab.  It’s like my sanctuary or inner sanctum.  The universe flows through me as I work there and there is no interrupting that flow.” A little mystical but this should through him off the fact that I am feeling severely disorientated.
“That sounds incredibly profound.  Yet even with all that, if you were with a score of one hundred you would not be in my office.  So Mister Winter sit down, cut the crap, and be honest with me and tell me what happened that night.”
When did this guy grow a pair.  Harmless practitioner to the prosecution in a matter of seconds.  I might have to actually play ball with this guy, instead of just coasting through these sessions. Well as the old saying goes the truth will set you free.
“We were late thats all it was.  It is always about time.”
“Were you late getting there? Or were you late getting to the hospital?”
“I thought you read the incident report? Thats basic information, you can find it in the file. Aren’t you supposed to be asking me questions about how I feel?”
“I just wanted to here it in your own words.  I am fully aware of what the report says. Oh, being late how did that make you feel?”
This guys character seems to change on me every few seconds. I must not have read him right at all at first.  This sarcasm and attitude of assertiveness makes him sound like my old college roommate.
“I’m stating to feel like I underestimated you.”
“You would be surprised how many of your co-workers have.”
“We were late both ways. We were to late getting there.  When we got there she was a mess.  There was only one cop car there I thought there would have been more for how late we were. We were late on the way back because we kept getting rerouted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment